Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Global Family

By Rebecca Redd

I cannot believe our time in Uganda has come to an end.  It feels like we were there for just days and it feels like we were there for months at the same time.  We’ve worked very hard this week and are all exhausted. I am looking forward to getting back home to my own bed, familiarity, family and friends, but I am also anxious about reintegrating back into the American way of life—the rushed, individualized, work-focused, isolated existence many of us have. I’ll miss the community here.

Looking back on our trip, I remember happily all the things we experienced and relationships we have formed. I am beyond excited to witness the great things Fields of Dreams Uganda has in store for this wonderful nation, but more than that, I am excited about what a great future Uganda has with children like the ones we met and grew to love over the past week. The future doctors, lawyers, pilots, footballers, politicians, mechanics, salespeople, teachers, social workers, mothers and fathers of this country will make a positive change.

It is important that we help support them in such efforts. We can no longer claim ignorance in such matters. You who are reading this blog, looking through the pictures, becoming aware of the situation here are now responsible. I encourage, even challenge, you to get involved with this organization through prayer, donations, traveling, in whichever way you can.  If you’re ready to make a real difference in this world, here’s your chance.  I want you all to feel the passion and love for this nation that I do.  I am 100% certain that if you were to get involved, you would.

Thank you to those who are already supporting the work here. I cannot express to you how much that means to all of us, and especially to the Ugandan staff here: Jonathan, Peter, David, Faridah, and Denis. They are doing wonderful things here and are changing the futures of these children, thereby changing our children’s futures as global citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment