Sunday, June 14, 2015

Full of Love and Joy

By: Amanda Vick

It's been almost two years since I've gotten to be back in this place I love so dearly. Stepping off the plane brought back so many memories, and I was so excited to make new ones. 

This morning we were blessed with the opportunity to visit with our partner school, New Kabaale Busega. The children sprint up to you with welcoming smiles and grab your hands and it will never get old. I don't ever want to take for granted how full of God's love and joy each child is... In Matthew 18:3-4, Jesus commands us to change and become like children. I know in my heart these are the children he was talking about. Their faces are full of smiles simply because we hold their hands or ask what their name is. They praise the Lord daily for everything they have. I am so incredibly thankful for the opportunity to come back this year and to bring my husband as well. I pray that we continue to learn so much from these children.

Fields of Dreams Uganda has made such an impact on the lives of these students. Today, I was able to see first hand the differences. Empowerment of these students is our goal and getting to see the different ways this is happening is exciting. The partner schools have done amazing things with their grants, students are passing exams, and are truly excited for their futures. I cannot wait to get the chance to visit our northern schools this week and see the impact FoDu is having there.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you & Carl are experiencing this together. God is so good! Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete