Monday, July 27, 2015

Reflections from Leah

By: Leah Markel


Words cannot truly capture this experience for me.  Whenever I think I am going to sacrifice to be God’s hands and feet . . . I am always humbled as He pours out blessings upon me.  I have been given the experience of a lifetime in Uganda.  Not only is Field of Dreams Uganda an amazing organization, the team of individuals that I am serving with are outstanding and I have learned so much from them in such a short time.




Traveling to the New Kaabale Busega School has been beyond humbling.  I had an opportunity to assist a student with a Dreams Plan, get lots of hugs and hold lots of hands.  I was excited as I had an opportunity to observe a classroom and was thrilled to see the teacher doing a phenomenal job teaching the students health education and the dangers of smoking and passive smoking (second-hand smoke).  
Dreams Plans




In the midst of what many of us would consider extreme poverty and challenges these students thrive.  I observe great leadership and skill among the staff as they continually invest in these children who have been faced with extreme heartbreaks and hardships and I am inspired by each and every one.  My heart is thankful for every moment of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment